This is one model that actually tops when it comes to circular saws. It is a popular model, invented by one of the global leading manufacturer and supplier of power tools; Rockwell. This is a company that has consistently gained a great reputation for the production and supply of high quality and efficient power tools.Rockwell RK3440K Versacut 4.0 Amp Ultra-Compact Circular Saw provides you with the necessary power as well as features needed in achieving professional cuts. It boasts of a 4 Amp motor that packs enough power to cut through the toughest materials. This is one circular saw that features unsurpassed accuracy, thanks to its laser cutting technology. With it, you are always guaranteed of constant precision in all your cutting tasks. It is by far one of the lightest Circular Saw models that feature exceptional handling. Its lightweight design is supplemented with a compact size to provide for consistent cutting operations.
Compared to other circular saws, the Rockwell RK3440K is uniquely designed to slice through more than 1-inch materials. This renders it an ideal choice for a wide range of cutting tasks. A lock-off switch incorporated in the unit prevents any accidental starts. For enhanced visibility, the Rockwell RK3440K comes with a dust extraction adapter. This eliminates dust and provides a clear line of sight. To compensate for any malfunctions, the company provides a 2 years warranty on this circular saw.
Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Review
- Powerful, 4.0 amp, multi-functional, ultra-compact circular saw
- Cuts wide variety of materials such as tile, wood, sheet metal, plastics, flooring, and more. No-Load Speed- 3,500 rpm
- Ergonomic design with slim grip handle improves comfort and enhances grip and control - guide with just one hand!
- Built-in laser guide helps you align the perfect cut;120 inches cord
The Rockwell RK3440K weighs a remarkable 4 pounds, making it one of the lightest models available. Such a light construction enables the saw to be operated by a single hand. Together with the minimal vibrations generated during the cutting process, this light weight lessens wrist pains resulted from continued cutting operations.
Apart from its light construction, the Rockwell RK3440K offers its users with a slim design. It features a dimension of 17.5 by 8.9 by 5.4 inches. With its small length, you are able to comfortably maneuver it on any given workspace. It can easily be operated on those areas that are difficult to achieve when using large saw models. These include corners and other narrow working spaces. This is one saw that can enable you to even carry out overhead operations.
Remarkable cutting depth
As mentioned earlier, the RK3440K incorporates the ability to cut through more than 1-inch materials. Thanks to its depth adjustment lever, the unit enables the user to position the indicator to the desired depth. This enables you to cut any given material to the exact depth. With its 3-3/8-inch carbide blade, you can achieve a maximum cutting depth of 1-1/16 inches.
Laser cutting technology
This is a feature that makes the Rockwell RK3440K stand out from the long line of circular saws. This technology functions with the use of indicators. There is a laser indicator that enables you to accurately align the cuts. A plunge indicator comes in handy to show the precise position of blade entry. As if that is not enough, it features a simple depth of cut indicator. All these are designed to provide exceptional accuracy during the cutting process.
To enable it to adapt well to tough cutting applications, the VersaCut Circular Saw comes in a durable construction. It incorporates the outer and inner metal guard that functions to prolong its useful life. Its carbide tipped blade also features extreme durability that enables it to cut through wood, plastic, ceramic and metallic materials with minimal wear.
Pros at a Glance
Just to appreciate the Rockwell RK3440K more, here are some highlights of the main features and specifications that make this tool something worth spending your money on:
- It is multi-functional effective in cutting wood, metal, tile, flooring, sheet metal, aluminum, plastic as well as other materials.
- It features a slim but compact design and ergonomic balance, which allows for easier and better control with a single hand able to do the job.
- The Rockwell RK3440K is equipped with 4-amp motor assisted with Laserguide technology, dust extraction adaptor and other precision feature that deliver fantastic results.
- It features lock-off switch to prevent accidental starting and thereby preventing occupational accidents from taking place.
- The Rockwell RK3440K comes with two years limited warranty on spare parts and labor as well as lifetime technical support.
- The Rockwell RK3440K has Maximum cutting-depth of 1 and 1/16 inches, 3 and 3/8 inches blade size as weighs just 4
- It comes with different blades for different cutting needs including a single 24T carbide-tip blade for wood cutting, a single 44T HSS blade for aluminum cutting aluminum and plastic and a single diamond blade for cement board and ceramic tile cutting.
Cons at a Glance
Those who gave the mini-circular saw negative reviews complained about the footplate, which is spring- loaded with a relatively heavy spring. This makes it a little bit heavier than it should be. Nevertheless, the Rockwell RK3440K is among the slimmest and lightest of all currently in the market; a property which cancels out any increased weight of the footplate.
Have you been looking of the best multi-purpose circular saw that you can use for extended periods with ease and no fatigue? Well, you now have the information. The Rockwell RK3440K fits this description. It delivers unmatchable performance, great ergonomics, and high level of accuracy as well as stylish and compact design. With two years of limited warranty, you will use your tool without having to wary about spending on repair.