Eyebrows cover a very little portion of the face but play a very big role in beauty. Not only that, they protect our eyes from outside dirt and filths. But they need to be groomed regularly. As eyebrows are one of the most vital parts of the face it’s best to use the best eyebrow scissors to trim your eyebrows. There are lots of options to choose from, you just have to fix your aim.
- Best Eyebrow Scissors Buying Guide
- Why do You Need Best Eyebrow Scissors?
- Eyebrow Shaping Scissors
- 1. SEKI EDGE SS-605- Eyebrow Comb Scissors
- 2. Satin Edge Eyebrow Scissor with Comb, 0.28 Ounce
- 3. PIXNOR 4 Pcs Tweezers Set -| Eyebrow Tweezers | Eyebrow Scissors
- Tweezerman Eyebrow Scissors
- 4. Tweezerman Stainless Brow Shaping Scissors and Brush
- 5. Tweezerman Professional Stork Scissors Used for Trimming Brows
- Best Eyebrow Trimming Scissors
- 6. Curved Eyebrow Shaping Scissors | Professional Brow Trimmers
- 7. Stainless Steel Makeup Scissors Nose Hair Eyebrow Scissors
- How to Shape Eyebrows at Home Step By Step
- Safety Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best Eyebrow Scissors Buying Guide
Eyebrow scissors are not so tricky to buy. But there are a few things you need to consider before buying one. Let’s review:
For your eyebrows, you need small scissors. There are a few bent ones and some straight ones. You should buy whichever you feel the most comfortable with. For a beginner, you should go with the straight ones, as you won’t have to worry about angling your scissors. But if you are a pro feel free to use the best ones.
Your scissors should be just enough sharp to trim your hair but not too sharp so your skin gets cut. Dull scissors can catch hair strand in them and pull out when dragged. This will cause gaps between your brows.
- Comb attached scissors
There are a few scissors that have a comb attached to them. In general, you will be needing a comb or brush to separate the hairs that need to be cut. Wouldn’t it be nice if the scissors themselves has combs with them? Although this type of scissors requires some getting used to, as they are a bit tricky to use. If you are just starting to trim your hairs then you should go for the regular ones. Also, there are some scissors which have detachable combs that can be used in both ways.
- Does it come with a spoolie brush?
Often these scissors come with a spoolie brush. The brush helps you in many ways. you can comb your brows upwards to cut out extra hairs. Other than that, you can use the brush to comb and shape your eyebrows. So it will be a big help to keep this brush around.
Why do You Need Best Eyebrow Scissors?
Eyebrows define your face in many ways. Badly groomed eyebrows can ruin your whole look. Unless you are going for a raw bushy look, you should keep your brows well trimmed. And for that, you will need scissors. You can always trim your brows with manicure scissors, but it is always advised not to. You should buy a separate pair for your eyebrows. Small and sharp scissors will be very useful for your eyebrows. You won’t be needing any salon appointment in every ten days just because some unruly hairs have grown out of place. Using these scissors you can just trim a few edges off at home all by yourself.
They are simple, easy to use and cost-efficient. Most of them are so small that you can easily carry them anywhere for your immediate needs. Waxing and threading are so much painful You don’t have to go through any of that pain if you just trim your brows regularly. And best eyebrow scissors will provide you with just that. You can tweeze out a few after to finish up.
Eyebrow Shaping Scissors
1. SEKI EDGE SS-605- Eyebrow Comb Scissors
For your unruly eyebrows, these scissors offer the perfect solution. They come with comb attracted to them, so you don’t have to use your one hand for holding the comb. that means you will have more flexibility. You can comb your hair first and then cut to get perfectly groomed brows.
SEKI EDGE is a great example of Japanese craftsmanship. They provide high-class stainless steel for different household tools. These SEKI EDGE eyebrow scissors are made of stainless steel which proves cutting-edge function. You will have a smooth and clean cutting.
These scissors have an ergonomic design for comfortable handle helps you cut your eyebrows with speed and accuracy.
Possible to use as
This product is particularly useful for bushy eyebrows. You can trim off extra hair form your eyebrows and keep them well groomed. These scissors trim just enough thanks to the comb attached.
You can also use them for shaping your eyebrows. Besides they are useful for mustache and beards as well. You can trim them too using these scissors.
- Very sharp scissors.
- Reasonable price.
- Cuts very evenly and precisely
- Takes a little time to get used to, but once you know what you are doing this could be a handy little tool.
- The product seems to lack quality; often appear cheaply made
- If you don’t be careful enough you might end up with a nasty cut or even no eyebrows at all!
- Might be a little uncomfortable for the big handed and the left-handed
2. Satin Edge Eyebrow Scissor with Comb, 0.28 Ounce
These pair of scissors also has a comb attached. But in this case, the comb is detachable. Meaning you can use it simply as scissors too. Or you can use it with the comb attached to it making it easier to comb out the excess hairs.
Larger finger holes make it easier to handle. It can be used by large-handed individuals too. It is ergonomically designed for both men and women.
Possible to use as: These scissors can be used for shaping the eyebrows. They are good for trimming a little extra hair.
You can use the comb to guide you while you trim your brows. Or you can just remove the comb and use them as simple trimming scissors.
- Can be used as simple scissors too
- Cheaply made
- Might be a little hard to handle sometimes
- For some people, the concept of comb with scissors might be a little too much to get their head around.
3. PIXNOR 4 Pcs Tweezers Set -| Eyebrow Tweezers | Eyebrow Scissors
Wouldn’t it be nice if while you are looking for the best eyebrow scissors and you get a whole lot more in the same price range? Here you will get a pair of scissors, tweezers, eyebrow clip and an eyebrow curler. This is a very useful tool both in a beauty kit and first aid kit.
They eyebrow scissors have a sharp carved tip for ease of use. They provide effortless smooth cutting.
They are very small hence portable and easy to clean. they also come with protective tips. Which means no safety issues.
These tools have anti-slip handles. You will have more control and precision.
Possible to use as
There are 4 different tools in the set. These can be used for different purposes.
- The eyebrow trimming scissors can be used for grooming your eyebrows. You can finish off by tweezing a few extra hairs.
- The tweezers can be used for pulling out unwanted facial hairs and splinters.
- The eyelash curler can be used for curling false lashes. It can also be used for adjusting them.
- The eyelash clip can be used for holding false eyelashes and applying them and taking them off.
These tools provide total care for your face. For a clean well-groomed face, these tools can work magic.
- Versatile uses
- Stainless steel products so they won’t rust; making them extra durable
- Each tool comes with individual plastic bag
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Although they claim to be anti-slip but there can be some problem with the grip
Tweezerman Eyebrow Scissors
4. Tweezerman Stainless Brow Shaping Scissors and Brush
Tweezerman is one of the top beauty brands. They are famous for their grooming tools. These Tweezerman scissors come with a spooled brush. The brush is an essential tool in trimming eyebrows. This helps you separate the hair for ultimate precision.
The scissors are made of stainless steel and ultra thin blades. This will give you more accuracy and smooth cutting.
The scissors have a slightly curved blade with a pointed tip. Which makes it easier to get close to your hair.
Possible to use as
These are excellent trimming scissors. You can easily trim your hairs at home using the scissors. Use the spooled brush to see which hairs are longer than others. Then trim them one by one for a perfect finish
- Very sturdy
- Perfect for beginners
- The spooled brush is very sturdy and useful
- The curve helps to shape the brows in a desired manner
- Thicker handles make them easier to use
- Portable size
- Suitable for left and right handed individual
- Expensive than regular eyebrow scissors
- The angled shape may be a little tricky for some people to handle
- Might be a little stiff; oiling could help in this regard
- Might be little small for people with big hands
- Not as sharp as manicure scissors
5. Tweezerman Professional Stork Scissors Used for Trimming Brows
These are another Tweezerman product. These scissors are stork shaped suitably for many things. These can cut through linen, silk, fiber glass. This makes them perfect for cutting and trimming eyebrows.
They have stainless steel blades. Stainless steel blade provides extra sharp blades. It also prevents rust and gives the scissors long durability.
This scissors can easily be sharpened if becomes dull, although they are to stay sharp for a long period of time.
Possible to use as
These scissors are a very handy tool for shaping and trimming your eyebrows. Their unique stork-like shape helps to reach very close to the hair.
These can be used for other purposes too! These can be used for cutting threads in the fabric. Also, they can easily cut ribbons and plastic wrap. Yarns can also be easily cut with them making them very useful in knitting projects
This scissors can be used for clipping nails as well.
You can use these scissors for hair also. Cutting the hair that keeps coming to your face and split ends can be snipped easily.
- A little bit expensive, but worth the extra price
- They get rusty quite easily
- A little hard to open and close
- might cause a little discomfort for large hands
Best Eyebrow Trimming Scissors
6. Curved Eyebrow Shaping Scissors | Professional Brow Trimmers
These are professional grade eyebrow scissors. They are made with a surgical grade stainless steel blade. This will provide you with a precise cut. The surgical blade will cut with every stroke.
The scissors contains ultra-thin sharp blades cutting even the bushiest eyebrows with great precision and control.
These are very lightweight scissors making them very easy to carry around Stainless steel will provide rust free scissors for a long time.
Possible to use as
These are professional grade scissors for eyebrow trimming. Just comb your hairs upward to isolate the hairs that need to be trimmed and then using the scissors trim those.
These are very versatile scissors. they can easily be used for other purposes too. You can use them for clipping fingernails, removing cuticles and dead cells.
- curved design helps your scissors adjust with your brows
- very easy to clean; just rub it with water or alcohol and wipe off with a clean paper towel.
- Very sharp scissors
- Lightweight and affordable
- Rightly sized
- Not sturdy enough
- Gets stuck often
- looks cheaply made
- blades are not as thin as claimed
7. Stainless Steel Makeup Scissors Nose Hair Eyebrow Scissors
These are not the best eyebrow scissors in the market. but they come at a great price. These are not exactly made for trimming eyebrows. Mainly they are nail clippers. Small stainless steel scissors about 8.8-inch length. Stainless steel scissors protect the blades from rust and provide with long life.
Possible to use as
These scissors are suitable for eyebrow trimming as they are small enough. They can also be used for nose hairs.
These are nail clipping scissors and they can be used for designing nails.
These are multipurpose scissors. They can be used for cutting threads, yarn, ribbons etc.
- These are small scissors
- Easy to use
- Hard to open and close
- Not flexible enough
- Not sharp enough
- Cheaply made
How to Shape Eyebrows at Home Step By Step
Shaping your eyebrows doesn’t only mean trimming them. It includes trimming, tweezing, drawing your eyebrows in a perfect shape. This process may seem a little lengthy, but it is totally worth it.
You can easily trim and shape your eyebrows at home. You will be needing a few things. Such as a pair of trimming scissors, a spoolie brush or a comb, tweezers, eyebrow gel etc.
- First, prepare your eyebrows with gel.Using the given spooled brush, brush your hairs. This will hydrate your brows and will allow pointing out the hairs that need to be cut by getting them set in one direction.
- If you have thick hair you will need a comb to comb through your brows. And. then with a pair of trimming scissors cut off extra hairs across the comb. Tweeze out the oddly placed hairs using a tweezer.
- If you have thin hair then using a spooly brush comb your hairs upwards and then outside your natural brow line trim off extra hairs.
- You can point out three points on your brow to create a guideline. First using an eyebrow pencil mark a point on your brows holding it against the side of the bridge of the nose. This will be the beginning of your brow. Then making a slight angle holding the position of the pencil makes another point, this will be the arch. Then maintaining the angle hold the pencil against your nostrils and mark one more point and this will be the end of your brow.
- You can try different shape by changing this guideline. Make an outline (not so deep) first to guide you through the process. The guideline given above will help you achieve identical brows on both sides.
- Using an eyebrow pencil fill out the guideline by drawing your brows mimicking actual hair. This will make your brows look natural. Use eyebrow gel for a more defined look.
- Finish up by using highlighter below the arch and applying concealer above the brows.
Where there is scissors involved safety is the first concern. Here are a few safety tips for your eyebrow trimming journey:
- One of the most important features of the best eyebrow scissors is being extra sharp. This is why you will need to be careful while trimming your hairs. Make sure there is enough lighting in the room for avoiding any mishap. Don’t haste; calmly trim your Otherwise, you will make nips your skin.
- Don’t let your scissors get dull. Dull scissors will catch your hairs in between and pull out strands of hair. Giving you a messy look.
- If your scissors become rusty (or dull) throw them away. These are quite cheap scissors not worth any injuries.
- Keep your scissors clean always.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are a few queries people often do about trimming and shaping their eyebrows. We have answered a few of them in the following segment.
Q: How to trim bulky eyebrows with scissors?
A: You will need a comb first. Just put the comb through your brows then trim the hair outside the teeth. This will allow your brows look less bushy.
Q: What is the best place to buy eyebrow scissors?
A: The best eyebrow scissors can be found anywhere but to be sure of there quality it’s best to buy them from a beauty store.
Q: I trimmed my eyebrow with scissors, will it grow back?
A: Trimming your eyebrows does not harm any follicles, waxing, and threading, however, do. Hence in trimming the ability of the follicles to grow hairs stays intact. So, yes, your hair will grow back.
Q: Is it good or bad idea to use hair scissors to trim my eyebrows?
A: You can use hair scissors to trim eyebrows. But it is always advisable to use eyebrow trimming scissors. Hair scissors are of different sizes and difficult to get close to the hair. With eyebrow scissors, you will get better facilities.
Q: Is waxing better than trimming?
A: If you have unruly brows you can wax to get a cleaner look. But if you have manageable brows then a simple trim will do just fine.
Q: Can manicure scissors be used for trimming eyebrows?
A: Yes, you can use them for trimming eyebrows, but the respective scissors will give you much more precision and control.
Q: Can eyebrow scissors be sharpened?
A: Yes, they can be sharpened, but it is easier to just buy a new pair.
Q: Can I use these scissors for trimming the hair of my dog’s eye side?
Q: What is better? curved or straight scissors?
A: Curved scissors helps you balance your scissors with the brush. But if you are a beginner you should go for straight ones. These will give you more control.
Eyebrows are one of the most vital parts of your face. To keep them well groomed will give you a clean look as well as a well-defined face. To trim your brows you know exactly what to look for while buying the best eyebrow scissors. These are not so expensive scissors, so once they are damaged don’t use them any longer. But if you take care of them they will last you a good couple of years. If you have unruly brows the best way to trim them regularly. Also, you can use them for many other purposes. They can be used for nail clipping, nose hair trimming, and even sewing projects. So, don’t be shy to buy a pair, you never know when they will come handy.