The best carpet tape is your regular tool to say goodbye slipping off. Strong adhesive with unique properties the carpet tape designed for securing carpets, mats or rugs in place.
We pick six most popular brand double-sided carpet tape for evaluation. Though its little bit costly, Kraftex double-sided carpet tape is an amazing tool that will keep fulfilling your purposes strongly. On the other hand, we recommend XFasten carpet tape which is really a good quality product at a fair price. But you can also consider other products in our review of certain conditions.
What is Carpet Tape
In a very general way, Carpet tape is a phrase that is used for carpet application.
Three types of tapes are identified when it comes to carpet applications as follows:
- Carpet Tape for keeping carpets and area rugs or mats in place.
- Carpet Tape for binding the raw edges of a carpet fragment.
- Carpet Tape for joining two or more sections of carpeting to create a single piece.
Must Look Features for Buying the Best Carpet Tape
- Purpose: You must look for a carpet tape according to your use. Because a usual carpet tape cannot serve all purposes.
- Adhesive: Permanent carpet requires solution a strong adhesive carpet tape.
- Tensile Strength: It should have the high tensile strength for holding carpets or rugs strongly.
- Easy Application: It must be easy enough to tear by hand.
Our Recommendation for The Best Carpet Tape
1. XFasten Double-Sided Carpet Tape
This XFastern double sided tape is a nice solution for keeping carpets and area rugs in place. It is really a sticky stuff but doesn’t leave a hard residue which can be easily removed without damaging the surface. This tape uses a strong natural adhesive which makes it stick to almost everything including both smooth and rough surfaces.
The main problem of a double-sided tape is to peel off the backing. But this tape features easy peeling off with just hand. High tensile strength adhesion secures carpets, rugs, and mats in place which is the primary purpose of using double-sided tape. It is durable and prevents carpets from slipping.
Overall this tape is fairly well at a moderate price. XFasten is also keeping cash back option open if you are not satisfied with the product.
2. XFasten Double Sided Tape Carpet Tape
This XFasten 20 yrd double sided tape is a fairly good product. It is really a strong tape that can hold your rug and carpet in place which is the main duty of a double-sided tape. This tool sticks well on multiple surfaces including wood, floor without creating many issues.
It is a very sticky tape that sometimes makes a bit hard to pull off. It is durable enough for holding in for a really long period. It gets the job done as advertised. It has polycarbonate backing. It is really a heavy duty product. You can use it in the highest-use area of the house for a long time without worrying. This tape is a multi-purpose tape. It not only prevents your carpet and rug from slipping off, you can use it for secure decoration on the wall, protecting your furniture from pet scratches and woodworking and industrial purposes.
In short, this double-sided tape is a fairly good quality product at the comparatively lower price.
3. NEW: Original Carpet Tape 90ft Roll
Heavy duty Kraftex Carpet Tape uses anti-slip technology which makes it stronger than the other tapes for holding on any floor type. Many professional carpet fitters like this tape for its good feature. It is a good tape for both home and office. This roll is easy enough to apply, but getting the wheel started can be the trickiest part. You can just tear it by hand and stick down.
The stronger adhesive makes the tape sticky enough hold your mat on wood, concrete, vinyl or tiled floors without creating a single issue. Removal of this tape is easy but if your surface is delicate like old carpet or a lightweight rug then you can use a scraper or solvent based adhesive remover spray. This product is really a heavy duty one that over 30 k everyday steps won’t make a problem.
The good features of the product make it a bit costly. But it is worth to spend money on it. Kraftex is giving you a lifetime replacement guarantee for this product.
4. Melca Double-Sided Carpet Tape
It is a strong adhesive tape works well for different flooring types and It is a kind of extra sticky tape that does not leave a residue when you pull it up. It’s comparatively wider than many other carpet tapes. You can easily secure non slip rug backings to your expensive area rugs.
This is a better way than taping rugs directly to the floor as it facilitates moving them whenever needed without damaging the back of the rugs from pulling them up. It’s very high-quality tape. the only thing wrong is that it’s really hard to cut with scissors and the scissors will get sticky and hard to be used again for other jobs.
This carpet tape is great for laminate floors and rugs. It is a bit tricky to get the paper backing off but worth the effort.
5. Duck Brand 392907 Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Tape
This carpet tape is from DUCK Brand. The manufacturer describes this product as permanent mentioning that Fiberglass reinforcement gives the tape extra durability though it holds stickiness good amount of time but not permanent. It is an excellent tool for woodworking as holds securely pattern in place without any issue.
If the tape is left on for a long-term, it will leave a residue but you can clean it easily with a solvent like mineral spirits. But the yellow backing of the tape is quite hard to remove.
It works well for keeping the edges of carpet down preventing them from folding over. Overall it is a very lower price average quality product.
6. Mighty “X” Carpet Tape – Double Sided
Mighty X Double-Sided Carpet Tape is a good deal on comparing price and length. The purpose of this tape is preventing Rugs from Slipping or Sliding. It is a good quality product that works really good especially for carpet-on-carpet and on my wood floors. It holds the carpet/runners in place so that carpet stays put. But you must ensure that you lay the carpet down perfectly at the place you want it to be.
The reason behind it is that reposition is quite impossible except start over. The roll is big enough to last for a long time. It does just what it says. It is very secure, easy to remove, and the slightly pliable adhesive on this tape makes it take hold of the uneven fabric mesh backing of a rug.
The only thing is that more effort is needed to cut off the roll. Maybe An exact-o knife a better option to cut this rather than scissors. Overall it is a Good product at a good price.
What is carpet tape used for?
- To adhere Carpet to carpet, rugs and floor application
- To protect your furniture from pet scratches
- You can use it as general duct tape.
- You can Attach curtains and other pieces of cloth together
- Applications for woodworking and other industrial purposes.
- You can also hold decorations on walls
How to Use Carpet Tape
Follow the below steps to install double-sided carpet tape:
- Clean the floor or surface where you want to install.
- Unroll the carpet and then roll it in
- Tape the area and make tape X shapes leaving the protective paper on the top side of the tape.
- Unroll the carpet over the taped area and roll in half. Then tape the other half of the floor.
- Peel the paper backing off the carpet tape carefully setting the carpet atop the tape
- Run a carpet rolled over the area to stick the carpet and tape together.
How to Remove Carpet Tape from Wood Floor
Quite simple, just follow the following steps.
- Remove the tape with a hand as much as you can.
- Then scrap it with a dull edge blade or plastic spatula.
- Use chemical remover to get rid of residue like vegetable oil, WD-40, Goo Gone etc.
How to Remove Carpet Tape from Laminate Floor
Follow the steps:
- Use dull blade or spatula and hand to remove it as much as possible.
- Then use Mayonnaise, or chemical remover to soak the residue for a time then rub it
How to Remove Carpet Tape from Tile
You can choose any of below processes for removing carpet tape from tile:
Remove carpet tape by gently scraping the tape starting at the edges toward the center.
You can use chemical remover for removing carpet tape without damaging the floor.
Q. will carpet tape ruin hardwood floors?
Answer: There are a lot of chances that carpet tape will ruin hardwood floor. It’s better not to use on the hardwood floor.
The best carpet tape secures your carpets, rugs or mats in place with featuring all the basic criteria. For a product both good in quality and price You go for XFasten carpet tape without worrying and if you think you can spend some more coins go for Kraftex Carpet Tape. You can also consider DUCK brand, Melaca and Mighty “X” in your toolbox.